Global Traffic Director
The Global Traffic Director from DNS Made Easy provides geographical source-based IP routing. This unique type of service allows GTD users to optimize and direct traffic flow based on the geographical location of their end user. So their clients in Europe can access their European servers and their users in United States can access their US based servers.
By regionally dividing traffic among different servers or data centers they can easily increase the performance of your web application and services. When your users are accessing your sites and services quicker they are given a much higher level of service which directly relates to higher revenue, higher productivity, and a competitive advantage.
How the Global Traffic Director Service Works
DNS Made Easy’s Global Traffic Director services use our powerful IP Anycast+ network of DNS Made Easy to identify the geographical location of the querying client. Based on the region where the query originates the administrator is able to define unique DNS responses to a specific server. Combining a regional placement of web servers with DNS Made Easy’s GTD service an organization is able to provide a powerful web service and direct their users to their closest hosting facility.
More powerful when combined with System Monitoring and DNS Failover
Combining Global Traffic Director with additional services such as DNS Failover and System Monitoring or Load Balancing services will allow a network administrator to optimize network performance while also ensuring availability and redundancy of network nodes.
If your hosting facility is Europe has problems you can have your traffic automatically be routed to your United States based servers with the use of DNS Made Easy System Monitoring and DNS Failover services. Or you can choose to make the change manually with the use of DNS Made Easy industry leading control panel, our powerful REST API, or with our easy to use DNS Made Easy mobile applications. All of these tools allow you to make direct updates to the hundreds of servers located around the world with DNS Made Easy’s proprietary Peregrine Instant DNS updates.
Traffic Segmentation can be done in the following regions
- North American East (previously called US-East)
- North American West (previously called US-West)
- Australia (coming by Q3 2014)
Benefits of the Global Traffic Director
- Geographically unique query response – leads to optimized performance of web applications and servers
- Network administrators can build a multi-tiered load balancing and DNS Failover solution in conjunction with the Global Traffic Director to create an enterprise fault redundant system that provides maximum uptime and redundancy
- Redirect traffic around problem network nodes or outages.
- The segmentation of the global traffic leads to faster access of cloud and data services
- No additional hardware or software required.
How is the Global Traffic Director Configured
Setting up the Global Traffic Director service is quick and easy. All GTD configurations are immediately published to hundreds of name servers with DNS Made Easy’s proprietary Peregrine Instant DNS update technology.